Competition Now Open | Enter By Tuesday, December 20
Are you passionate about sustainability and public speaking? Do you want to influence the future of mineral exploration and mining?
Submit a 5-8-minute video of yourself delivering a powerful speech about the future of minerals and mining. Decisions about resource development made today will impact all our futures. Speaking up and becoming part of this critical conversation is your chance to speak on behalf of your generation and have a positive impact on the future of minerals and mining.
The most compelling speaker will win a trip to Vancouver to deliver their speech to representatives of the global mineral exploration and mining industry at the AME Roundup conference, and to discuss the issue with an industry leader.
Open to secondary school students enrolled in grades 10, 11 or 12 in British Columbia.
The theme of the speech is:
CRITICAL TO OUR FUTURE
Our goal is to amplify the voices, views and concerns of young people on the subject of finding and developing the mineral and metal resources necessary to address global challenges: climate change, transition to low-carbon energy systems, and food and water security.
Not only are the minerals and metals critical to this purpose, but so are the young people who will be finding and using the materials, designing and buying everyday products, voting and making decisions about how we develop resources, and living with the decisions made today.
This competition provides a platform for young people to have their say about sustainable mineral development in their own words and influence the future of the industry.
- December 20, 2022
- Record and upload your 5-8 minute video to AME by 5 PM Pacific on Tuesday, December 20, 2022.
- December 23, 2022
- The top three candidates will be notified on Friday, December 23, 2022, and invited to present and discuss their speech live via zoom with a panel of specialists on Wednesday, January 4, 2023.
- January 9, 2023
- The winners – one winner and two runners-up – will be notified on Monday, January 9, 2023.
- January 23, 2023
- Presentation delivered in front of a live audience at the AME Roundup Opening Ceremony in Vancouver on Monday, January 23, 2023, followed by an on-stage discussion with an industry leader.
- First Prize
- The winning student and one parent or legal guardian will travel to Vancouver to participate in the Opening Ceremony of the AME Roundup conference on January 23 and present their winning speech to the audience. The travel prize will be a three (3) day and two (2) night stay in downtown Vancouver.
- Two runners-up will each receive a pair of high-quality wireless headphones
How to enter
- Record your video in MP4, MOV or WMV format
- Read the competition Terms & Conditions
- Fill in the entry form and upload your video file