February 7 @ 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm
This workshop is designed for geologists, exploration managers or other professionals who would like to better integrate structural geology principles into regional exploration targeting and deposit-scale geological interpretation. The course will focus on both data collection for structural geology and on the interpretation of structures from data that has been collected.
The following aspects will be covered:
- Regional scale data acquisition: what data to acquire, how to process it, and how to maximize knowledge from regional-scale datasets.
- Regional-scale interpretation: principles for interpreting structures and other geological information from regional-scale datasets.
- Deposit-scale data acquisition. Basic principles for collecting structural data at the deposit scale. Will include guidelines on identifying structures, collecting structural information in the field and in drillcore, classification of structural data, QAQC of structural data, and collecting attributes for structures.
- Deposit-scale interpretation of structures. Guidelines for using structural data in conjunction with other geological information to improve geological understanding at a deposit scale.
- Concepts such as structural domaining and kinematic analysis will be explained, and the importance of mineralogical and temporal considerations will be discussed.
- AME Members: $200
- Non-members: $400
- AME Student Members: $30